Tuesday 7 April 2015

Skin Update! + Mini Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash Off Deep Purifying Cleanser Review

0

So from a previous post I made last year you may or may not know that my skin is something I have huge problems with. As an example of a slightly minor thing after I shower I have to moisturise otherwise I get these blotchy red marks, not nice! Turns out when I was a kid I suffered from eczema! :o I thought it was just my little sister but my mum informed me that I did to, to a lesser extent. But still, explains my skin being so dry!

Anyway since, hmm probably Novemberish of last year I have been getting horrendous skin, Just on my cheeks which was weird. But it was really bad, painful, red, bumpy probably the closest to 'acne' I've been too. Turns out it was in part due to a product I was using, baby oil. I read on reddit that mineral oil is great to remove your make up so I used that for a while and it was great. However when I run out of that I used baby oil as it's just mineral oil with fragrance, which some people have issues with. Looks like I'm one of them! I didn't even think that it could be the main cause until I saw and thought about what had actually changed around that time.

So once I realised the root cause, I since switched to hemp seed oil which works for me with no break outs, and grape seed oil. I have some avocado oil too for moisturising but that can break me out too if I used it too regularly. My skin is now finally recovering, still got some red marks that are fading but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment!



Oh along the same note I did try Soap & Glory™ Peaches and Clean™ 3-in-1 Wash-off Deep Purifying Cleanser, which i've since removed from my routine as I think my skin was a little unhappy with it however what I can say about it is it's really nice! It's smells amazing, glides on really well and picked up any dirt or make up I missed. I'd recommend trying it to be honest. Remember to patch test products first though! Don't do what I did and end up with a massive breakout that lasts forever :) I got it from boots for £8.00, they also have a pretty cool 3 for 2 offer on.

I'll tell you all about the Paula's Choice products I've been using soon! I have their AHA and BHA and I am so far loving it :)

Thanks for stopping by! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment